Friday, 24 August 2012

Homage to the Thread

I was inspired by one of our forum ladies, Trudy, to have a go at altering something and I had this trinkit box laying around:

and this is what I came up with:

I used to do alot of sewing in my younger days so thought I would play with that idea.  I first cover the box with distress inks, cut squares from an old sewing book for the backing paper, also tore pieces and added to the outside, then embossed the edges with bronze embossing powder. I then random stamped with Andy Skinners 'A Stitch in Time' set.


The dress form is a template from CardMaking Paradise, I love this template Sara. I added buttons, zips, pins and lots of odd sewing bits I've had for ages, the flower is made from twisting masking tape, a real fun project to do.



 I will enter this box into the challenge over at The Stamp Man ... Alter It.


5 comments:

  1. Fabulous transformation thank you for joining us at The Stamp Man with your amazing alteration! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back Lainey! This box is gorgeous - so much to see and I can't even hold it to have a good look! Love the colours too - my favourite.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's gorgeous, I'm missing words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fantastic!!!!
    Such a lot of hard work went into this, I hope it is going to someone special.
    Thanks for entering our Alter It challenge over at The Stampman.
    Good Luck and hugs
    Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I just love this it's fantastic. Hugs x ChrisB

    ReplyDelete